This little article follows the previous one about printing on GNU/Linux. My first route was to use a service to create my ICC profile. An ICC profile is very important on GNU/Linux as the default printing driver (CUPS) generate some strong brownish color casts.
This little article is about creating it's own ICC profile, difficult? No, in fact the procedure is quite simple. The hardest part was to put everything together with the proper options.
The full procedure took me 40 minutes to create a profile, let's see how...
- GNU/Linux Debian (on unstable)
- Printing with Eye Of GNOME (EOG in the following)
- Printing through CUPS (v1.5.3) + gutenprint (v5.2.9)
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 (network connection)
- Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper
- ColorMunki Photo spectrometer